Well hey there, sunshine!
My name is Maggie and I am one of the many fabulous twenty-somethings inhabiting this earth. Here are some things you should know about me (in no particular order):
- I currently have the blessing of living in Cuernavaca, Mexico and working at an amazing school with a beautiful community of people.
- My vocation is not teaching English to 8th graders and on an almost daily weekday basis I struggle to find happiness and appreciate the little things while I do something my soul isn’t harmonious with.
- I haven’t quit my job because I honor commitment and believe very much in the beginning and ending of cycles in life.
- I believe that true, deep connections and relationships with others are the most valuable thing we can ever do or have in our lives.
- Life is short and I believe we should live every day like we are dying (because since the day we are born, we are dying) and this is one of my greatest struggles.
- I write for many reasons, the most important being to understand myself and clarify my beliefs about life, my relationships with others, and my relationship with myself. I write to discover and define who I am.
- I believe in big dreams and even bigger love.
- I’m fluent in Spanish and have a God-gifted talent to speak Spaniglish (which you will experience on this blog).
- I change my mind ALL the time, which I believe is better than not making up my mind at all.
- I believe in going big in this one wild, beautiful life, which includes my belief that dressing up in costume is never a bad idea.
- I believe there is a playlist for every occasion and every fleeting moment.
- Want to win my heart? Send me sunflowers.
- I often stop in the middle of conversations to say “I love this song” and sing along with it.
- I also believe that there is a plethora of quotes for every occasion and every fleeting moment (and at the end of every blog post) and I’ll just whip one out on you in the middle of the conversation so watch out.
- Unicorns exist and mine is named Lady Sunshine.
- I believe that everyone has one song that is their song. The one that they will be remembered by, the one that will be played at their funeral. The song to be played at my funeral is Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield.
- Sex and the City and red wine help heal every heartbreak.
- I believe in wanderlust, and try to consciously practice it in my every day life. For more on my definition and perception of wanderlust, click here.
- I began this blog because writing is something I have come back to over and over and over as something I want to do. I have written in diaries/journals since the time I was a wee-one and have had ambitions to upkeep a blog for over a year now. But I’ve held myself back with negative thinking like “I have nothing new to add” or “my ideas won’t be received well,” or “my writing won’t impact anyone.” But who the hell am I writing for? Myself. I have a dream of someday telling stories of others because I believe in deepening our relationships through stories. So I want to make my writing for others. But for right now, while I’m starting out, this writing is for me.
I see this blog as an opportunity for me to learn from everything I can in the world around me, which includes you. So if you have any suggestions of blogs to look up, books to read, movies to see, music to funk out to, comments to say, please, speak out. I read every. single. comment. And I’d love to hear from you.
Sending an enormous abrazote and big, HUGE love,
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” E.E. Cummings